StaxRip is the oldest (since 2002), most feature rich and flexible encoding GUI.
- Support for a wide variety of formats and tools.
- Batch Processing, can not only be used for encoding but for any task like remuxing, demuxing or AviSynth/VapourSynth script generation.
- Cut/Trim feature, for MKV output it works even in Copy/Mux mode, no re-encoding required.
- Minimal user interaction required due to rich configuration and automation features.
- Macro system to be used in scripts and command lines, this enables a design that allows to change any setting at any time which is much more flexible and powerfull than a design that requires to perform one step after another.
- The job list can be processed with multiple StaxRip instances in parallel for maximum performance using modern CPUs.
- Video and multiple audio tracks can be processed in parallel for maximum performance with modern hardware.
- Support for an unlimited amount of audio and subtitle tracks.
- Automatic and manual update check.
- Powerfull media info using the worlds best media info frontend MediaInfo.NET which includes a folder view to show media info for a folder in a grid view.
- Powerfull media preview using the worlds best media player mpv(.net).
- Support via forum and issue tracker.
- Easy to use and feature rich crop dialog with hardware acceleration.
- Auto crop.
- Powerfull resize and aspect ratio related features with auto detection.
- Thumbnail generation tools.
- Full access and control to underlying tools with full support for command line and script editing to leverage the full potential of the tools.
- Container and hardcoded subtitles.
- Clean and easy to read log file and dedicated log file viewer to easily navigate the processing steps.
- Video comparison tool to compare video frames in a tab view.
- The processing window can be minimized to the system tray.
- For all essential console tools such as x265 and mkvmerge there is a built-in command line preview either directly integrated in the dialog or via menu showable.
- Powerfull tool management dialog.
- 200 tools included.
- Tools are searchable.
- Custom paths can be defined or removed.
- Custom paths can be defined using the powerfull search and index tool voidtools Everything.
- Tool overview either as CSV file opened in (MS) Office or using PowerShell Out-GridView which supports a powerfull search and filter feature.
- Feature to open the folder of a tool or start the tool including console tools showing the help.
- For every tool the help file or help page can be shown in the Apps management dialog and also in the main menu under Help.
- The Apps management dialog provides easy access to tool websites and download sites.
- Context help via right-click, for x264 and x265 the context help has a local and a online version, for all video encoders the console output help can be shown via context help and with console look and feel.
- Customizable assistant.
- Preprocessing steps such as demuxing is fully customizable with custom command lines.
- Demuxers: mkvextract, MP4Box, ffmpeg, eac3to.
- Demuxing GUI for mkvextract, MP4Box, ffmpeg and eac3to to define which tracks should be demuxed.
- Automatic demuxing mode to automatically demux everything.
- Automatic indexing with DGIndex, DGIndexNV, ffms2 and L-Smash-Works.
Projects, Templates, Profiles¶
- AviSynth and VapourSynth video filter plugins that are not included can be used by adding custom filter profiles.
- Customizable video filter profiles that can be enabled via context menu.
- Project system that automatically saves encoding settings for a particular source file.
- Previously encoded projects can be found in a Recent menu to encode them again with different settings, encoded audio and video of previous runs can be reused or overwritten.
- Project templates for different types of sources, a startup template can be defined to customaize the startup settings.
- Profile system for video filter profiles, video encoder profiles, audio encoding profiles, muxing profiles, filter setup (full script) profiles.
- Project options used by projects and project templates and also separate global settings.
- Video editing using classic AviSynth and next generation VapourSynth, both equally well supported and everything like QTGMC just works out of the box effortlessly.
- Large amount of included AviSynth and VapourSynth plugins, overall 200 tools incuded.
- Code editor to enable full control over AviSynth and VapourSynth, everything that is possible with AviSynth and VapourSynth is also possible with StaxRip.
- Code preview to preview the code generated for AviSynth and VapourSynth.
- Built-in hardware accelerated video preview and preview via mpv(.net) and MPC-BE/MPC-HC.
- Built-in script info to show script parameters like framerate and advanced script preview using various external tools like AVSMeter.
- External AviSynth (.avs) and VapourSynth (.vpy) scripts can be opened/imported.
- Automatic import of (VUI) color metadata.
- Full high bit depth and HDR support.
- Compressibility check.
- It can be customized which source filters should be used for different formats.
- Hardware encoding for AMD, Intel and NVIDIA.
- All classic and modern video encoders are fully supported: XviD, x264, x265, Rav1e, SVT-AV1, NVEnc, QSVEnc, VCEEnv, ffmpeg.
- Audio encoders: eac3to, qaac, fdkaac, ffmpeg.
- Popular encoders such as x265 and NVEnc have almost 100% GUI support meaning allmost all available command line switches are supported.
- Video encoder dialogs are searchable to quickly find options in a drop down and search field.
- Video encoder dialogs have a command line preview, this preview has a context menu that allows to quickly find GUI options for command line switches.
- Generic audio and video command line based encoder to integrate any encoder that isn’t already built-in.
- Parallel audio video encoding.
- Parallel junk encoding for x265.
- MKV output using mkvmerge.
- MP4 output using MP4Box.
- ffmpeg supporting various container formats.
- Copy/Mux modes for audio and video plain re-muxing without encoding.
- Cut/Trim feature for MKV output that works even in Copy/Mux mode, no re-encoding required.
- Event Command feature that allows to assign custom commands to various events for instance to execute custom command lines on given events.
- Scriptable via PowerShell.
- Customizable main menu and context menus.
- A PowerShel terminal can be shown with support for the new Windows Terminal, this terminal has a special environment for easy access of included console tools, all macros are available as environment variables in this terminal and in all features that allow to define custom command lines.
- 100% Portable, nothing has to be installed.
- Installed AviSynth or VapourSynth can optionally be used instead of the included.
- Pixel perfect High DPI scaling.
- Large amount of customized GUI controls and elements.